George Dean Meet Photos
Todd Blumel took some pictures of some of the CVAC kids at the George Dean meet in Sydney. He didn't get all of the kids, but those he did get may enjoy seeing them. Included in these pictures are sequences of the 100m starts, it's really interesting to see what some kids do with their feet when the starting gun goes off. Those sequences are shot at about 1/10 of a second. They can be found at:
Take a look when you have a moment. The photos are very high quality and available for download.
- Island Track & Field Clubs (9)
- Coaching Resources (3)
- Articles for Athletes (1)
- Club Reports (3)
- Athletics Related Websites (4)
Did You Know?
Our club has not yet made it into the Guiness Book of Records, however, we do have a pretty good "track" record of achievements. Here are just a few of the more recent notables:
- Over 60% of our members return each year for another season with the club
- Our club hosts the Garriock Meet each year. Last year we had a record breaking 465 athletes attend
- Each year club members win medals at the Provincial High School Track & Field Meets
- The 2012 girls seniors 4 X 100m relay team from Francis Kelsey, with 3/4 CVAC members, won Gold and broke the Island record. Fastest time in 10 years.
- Chicago Bains smashed a 1986 provincial 80-metre hurdle record of 11.50 seconds with a personal best of 11.42.