2013 Track Meet Schedule
2013 National Championship Events
June 20 to 23: Canadian Track and Field and Paralympic championships, Monction, NB
July 12 to 14: Canadian Junior Track and Field Championships, St. Therese, Quebec
August 9 to 12: Legion and Youth Track and field Championships, Langley, BC
August 11 to 18: Canada Summer Games, Sherbrooke, Quebec
2013 BC Athletics Championship Events
July 12 to 14: Junior Development Championships [ages 9 to 13], Nanaimo, BC
July 19 to 21: BC Athletics Jamboree [ages 14+], Kamloops, BC
August 20 to 24: BC Senior Games, Kamloops, BC
No Date: BC Masters Championships
VIAA Island Series Track and Field Meets
April 20 & 21: George Dean Track and Field Meet at Parkland School, Sidney, BC. Hosted by Peninsula Track and Field Club.
May 4 & 5: Bob Dailey Track and Field Meet at Bob Dailey Stadium, Port Alberni, BC. Hosted by Alberni Valley Track Club.
May 11 & 12: Dogwood Track and Field Meet at Centennial Stadium, Victoria, BC. Hosted by Victoria Track and Field Club.
May 25 & 26: Elwood Wylie Track and Field Meet at Rotary Stadium, Nanaimo, BC. Hosted by Nanaimo Track and Field Club.
June 2: VIAA Pentathlon and Weight Pentathlon at Parkland School, Sidney, BC. Hosted by Peninsula Track and Field Club.
June 8 & 9: Garriock Track and Field Meet at Cowichan Sportplex in Duncan, BC. Hosted by Cowichan Valley Athletics.
June 22 & 23: Powell River Track Meet
High School Track and Field Meets
May 7-8 Mid-Isle Meet @ Chesterfield
May 15-16 Islands @ UVic
- Island Track & Field Clubs (9)
- Coaching Resources (3)
- Articles for Athletes (1)
- Club Reports (3)
- Athletics Related Websites (4)
Did You Know?
Our club has not yet made it into the Guiness Book of Records, however, we do have a pretty good "track" record of achievements. Here are just a few of the more recent notables:
- Over 60% of our members return each year for another season with the club
- Our club hosts the Garriock Meet each year. Last year we had a record breaking 465 athletes attend
- Each year club members win medals at the Provincial High School Track & Field Meets
- The 2012 girls seniors 4 X 100m relay team from Francis Kelsey, with 3/4 CVAC members, won Gold and broke the Island record. Fastest time in 10 years.
- Chicago Bains smashed a 1986 provincial 80-metre hurdle record of 11.50 seconds with a personal best of 11.42.