CVAC Weekly Practices
PRACTICES for 2012:
First Practice: Tuesday, March 27, 2012
WHEN: Tues and Thurs
TIME: 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
WHERE: at the track at the Cowichan Sportsplex on Chesterfield road. Meet at the Equipment Room.
REMEMBER: Come early and run 2 laps before practice begins and to help set up the equipment. ...AND remember to help put it away at the end. Parents too, please!!!
Message from the Coaches
- Our practices will run rain or shine, warm or cold.
- Please come to the track prepared for anything as conditions can change quickly at this time of year. In the event that practice needs to be cancelled (monsoon) we will be communicating this via your email. If the weather looks bad please consult your email before heading out to practice.
- Island Track & Field Clubs (9)
- Coaching Resources (3)
- Articles for Athletes (1)
- Club Reports (3)
- Athletics Related Websites (4)
Did You Know?
Our club has not yet made it into the Guiness Book of Records, however, we do have a pretty good "track" record of achievements. Here are just a few of the more recent notables:
- Over 60% of our members return each year for another season with the club
- Our club hosts the Garriock Meet each year. Last year we had a record breaking 465 athletes attend
- Each year club members win medals at the Provincial High School Track & Field Meets
- The 2012 girls seniors 4 X 100m relay team from Francis Kelsey, with 3/4 CVAC members, won Gold and broke the Island record. Fastest time in 10 years.
- Chicago Bains smashed a 1986 provincial 80-metre hurdle record of 11.50 seconds with a personal best of 11.42.